This service gives you the opportunity to access a lawyer’s knowledge without the usual expenses of using a law firm.
For £99, we will provide up to 45 minutes of one-to-one legal advice from a specialist lawyer.
Step 1 - Free First Advice call
By submitting an enquiry or calling us, you can arrange an initial free first advice call.
During this first call, we will advise you as to whether we think your situation is one we can help with and whether we think it is worth you taking further.
We will also help you decide if an Ask the Legal Expert meeting is the right course of action for you.
- Step 2 - Arrange & Confirm a Meeting
After your Free First Advice call, we will be in touch with you to arrange and confirm your Ask the Legal Expert session. We will send you a booking form (including Terms & Conditions) for the session and any other details you will need to know .
If any aspect of your case involves a dispute, we will also need to check the details of your opponent (person or business causing or involved with your legal concerns).
- Step 3 - Pay £99
Once you have confirmed the meeting and returned our booking form to us, you can pay over the phone or at the office on the day of your session. We accept cash, cheques or debit and credit cards.
- Step 4 - 45 minutes with a lawyer
Usually this will be a face-to-face meeting. The time is dedicated to you and your legal situation, and it is up to you how you use it, whether in the form of questions and advice, legal letter writing, or completing legal forms.
- Step 5 - The knowledge you need
Our aim is that you leave the session knowing more about how the law will impact on you. It may not completely solve your problem but you should understand where you stand and what your next steps are.
- Access to a lawyer's specialist experience & knowledge
- 45 minute face-to-face meeting
- 1-to-1 legal advice (although you can bring a friend)
- Practical guidance based on the information provided
- Review of documents (limited to what can be achieved in 45 minutes)
- No obligation to take matters further
- Flexibility in terms of how the time is used
- Knowledge of your rights & options
- A guaranteed, fixed price - no hidden extras
Free First Advice provides up to15 minutes of free telephone advice and gives an opportunity for us to assess your situation and consider whether it is worth you taking further.
Ask the Legal Expert sessions provide more time (45 minutes) to explore specific legal issues. We will also help you to prepare for this session by informing you of any details, documents or information that you should bring.
Many firms offer a free advice session, but these can also often be focused on selling services.
In contrast you’ll find that with our £99 Ask the Legal Expert service, the time is yours. We won’t spend time trying to sell you our legal services.
The advice is given in confidence and on the basis that there is no obligation for you to use us again. Your 45 minutes will be spent providing you with the help you need.
If you think any of the following criteria apply to you, then we would probably recommend an Ask the Legal Expert Session:
- You are not yet ready to start a full legal case, but want to find out more about what might be involved
- You are thinking of handling the situation yourself but would like some tips and guidance to get you started
- You would like some help completing official or legal forms, letters or documents
- You would like practical advice on what steps you should take to protect your position
- You would like an honest assessment of what is achievable in your particular circumstances (e.g. information about how other cases like yours worked out).
The advice and guidance you receive at your Ask the Legal Expert session may be enough for you to resolve a legal issue yourself. If this is not feasible, the session will give you the information you need to decide whether or not you need to instruct a law firm to take the case further.