Through the use of a case study, this course examines how to carry out a robust and effective investigation and covers the following topics:
- Who does the investigation?
- What to investigate?
- Suspension – why, when, how?
- Questioning techniques to get the required information
- What is a ‘reasonable’ investigation?
- Collating evidence and obtaining witness statements
- Recording your investigations
- Tips on practical ways of dealing with common problems, such as reluctant witnesses, retaining confidentiality and weighing up the evidence
- Identify the legal and practical steps for preparing and managing investigations
- Understand how to overcome common difficulties with practical tips on how to manage them
- Work to a more consistent practice, resulting in fairer and balanced outcomes across your business
- Learn how to evaluate evidence obtained during an investigation
- How to prepare a thorough report of investigatory findings
- Reduce the risk of appeals
- Minimise the risk of potential Employment Tribunal claims
Business owners, HR professionals, managers and anyone responsible for managing workplace investigations.
Our training courses can be provided either at your business or at our offices to suit you.
Our training courses are provided by specialist employment law solicitors with expert knowledge and practical experience in advising businesses on all HR and employment law issues.